Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Faux Real



 

skirt (Tinley Road, Piperlime), shirts (HM c/o, J.Crew chambray), vest (J.Crew), crossbody (Elaine Turner c/o), booties (Belle by Sigerson Morrison, SIMILAR), necklace (Sheer Addiction Jewelry c/o), shades (Gucci), rings (Lagos, Anna Beck), watch (Michael Kors)
So here’s a few of the many beautiful things about leather.  First of all, it is everywhere this Fall—I mean EVERYWHERE!  Whether it’s piped on pants, trimmed on T-shirts, or the sleeve of your new favorite jacket, you’re going to be hard pressed to avoid this fabulous detailing on your fall wardrobe.  Secondly, it comes in an array of different shapes.  Long gone are the days when leather only complemented pants or jackets.  Nowadays, she pretty much makes a splash on all articles of clothing.  Think skirts (mini, maxi, & midi), dresses, blouses, t-shirts, and vests. Here’s another bonus for Team Leather---she is a CLASSIC!  I still have a cognac BCBG Max Azria leather pencil skirt sitting in my closet (and I wear it more importantly) from post college when I worked there.  So we’re talking about “X” years ago and I still get regular usage out of it (you didn’t think I was really going to divulge my age now did you)!!  Classic is a goodie because if you’re going to invest the money in an authentic leather gem, you better be sure you’re going to be able to wear that lovely for years to come.  But here’s the kicker, if you DON’T want to break the bank, we’ve got FAUX.  Case in point, check out the vegan cognac A-Line skirt I’m sporting.  Now I will admit, I can tell the difference between the real stuff and the faux; however, it isn’t terribly obvious and wouldn’t deter me from wearing it.  Faux is all the rage anyhow, so who gives a hoot if it allows you to maybe try a piece that you couldn’t otherwise afford.
Have y'all remembered to enter the Favery Giveaway?  It's a goodin' so make sure to enter--alright gang, make it a good one---I've got one helluva drive for work today--deliver me!  

 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL