Thursday, September 20, 2012

"Kelly" Green







skirt (Tinley Road, Piperlime), booties (Belle by Sigerson Morrison), blouse (Old Navy), blazer (J.Crew), clutch (Adele of Lexington), pearl & horse necklace (Stacey Gudeman, Adele of Lexington), gold chain (vintage), ring (David Yurman), cuff (not a darn clue), watch & shades (Michael Kors)
If you know me, you know there's a little play on words in this post's title...dad would be proud.  As I was citing the look and noticing the various price points, I was reminded of something that is trite but true--INVEST IN KEY PIECES--ie:  a Black Blazer & BLACK BOOTIES.  We know those suckers ain't going out of style any time soon, so put your money in the pieces that will carry you through the seasons.  Once you have your foundation, you can then splash in some affordable fun, like this KELLY GREEN TULIP SKIRT ...did I mention it was under 40 BONES?  Upon sprucing up the basics, you add some major giddyup with your accessories. I truly could not resist this Pearl Clustered necklace & clutch from Adele--did you notice the horse detail on the necklace--stop it!  And I'm not going to deny that I dig showing some local Lexingtonian jewelry love for Stacey Gudeman--gal knows how to make a bauble! 

If my non-Lexingtonians want to snag a little gem from Adele, my FAVE interior boutique in town, just mention "s e e r s u c k e r + s a d d l e s" when calling or FB-ing and they'll ship for FREE!  Make it a good one, gang!

photos courtesy of Kristin Tatem



 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

8 comments:

  1. Such a great 9 to 5 look, but with personality! I completely agree about investing in key, timeless pieces. LOVE the shape and colour of your skirt. I just spent some major time going through your blog, and you have such an awesome style! I just love how you put separates together. Can't wait to see what you wear next!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet, Jenny!! Big Thanks and back atcha'-- your site is great!! xxxx--- beth

      Delete
  2. I am so excited to learn of Adele! I live near the Chevy Chase area and somehow manage to rarely shop there! Great to learn of a super cute store to check out asap!

    opal-and-violet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, Jordan!! Adele is truly one of my faves in town--- interiors and gens are TDF!!

      Xxx-- beth

      Delete
  3. This outfit is perfection and I L-O-V-E how you incorporated the Adele pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Missy! Glad you like--- great meeting you Sat!! No doubt I will see you soon!! Xxx--beth

      Delete
  4. Love your look! So chic...happy Friday!

    ~Nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL