Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Jacket & Jacquard





jacket (Gap see similar), dress (Oasis c/o, love THIS, THIS, & THIS), shoes (J.Crew Everly's on SALE), bag (Kate Spade), bracelets (Stella & Dot & Adele of Lexington), watch (Cartier), ring (Lagos), shades (Gucci) 
If I may make a suggestion when prepping your wardrobe for the impending Spring, snag yourself (if you don't already own) a Denim Jacket.  It's a classic, it adds a little dimension and ruggedness to a girly frock, and it will keep you warm enough when there's still a chill in the air.  Case in point, we had a warm spell when I sported this jacquard dress from Oasis (which I MAY be wearing backwards--couldn't resist the exposed Zipper)--Anyhow, the Denim Jacket added just enough warmth while adding some tomboy to the rig.  I've had this topper for years and it still continues to deliver!  Make it a good one, gang!

PS:  I will directly message the winner of the Stella & Dot Giveaway tomorrow and be sure to announce on my next post!  Thanks to everyone who has already participated!

photos courtesy of Kristin Tatem
 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

15 comments:

  1. love this look! also loving the round gold pendant around your neck... the size is perfection. any tips on where you scored that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that you wore the dress backwards...such a great idea! Agree with you that jean jacket is the perfect way to tone down a dress for daytime :)
    www.pennypincherfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress and a denim jacket like you said is a must have.

    xo
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress (I wear my dresses backwards sometimes too), it's making me really jealous that you were able to rock it with bare legs!


    Kristina


    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this look! Makes me want spring so much more than I aready do! The shades of blue are so pretty!

    http://cchicc3.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pops of blue in this outfit, and that dress is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love seeing all the ways I can wear my denim jacket. And I'm jealous that it is warm enough to wear just that :)

    xo Shay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look and the color combo going on!:) I need a floral dress.

    http://sequinsandpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shoegal Out In The WorldFebruary 20, 2013 at 2:47 PM

    Lovely look... I can't wait for spring to come & pull out of my closet my old denim jacket...

    xo, Shoegal Out In The World

    http://www.shoegaloutintheworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your blog! I found it through Pinterest awhile ago and I read every day. You inspired today's outfit: http://lookfeelbebest.blogspot.com/2013/02/an-ode-to-good-friends.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still not convinced I'm a denim jacket gal, but I really really love this outfit on you! Mayyyybe I'll think about it ;)

    ~Sarah of Sarah's Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so beautiful! i am so in love with your pretty pumps!
    kw http://www.ladiesinnavy.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, love the way you styles this dress backwards!

    Coffee Beans and Bobby PIns

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this look! And I love even more how you styles the dress backwards!! Perfect!

    CoffeeBeansandBobbyPins

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute look for sping!

    http://www.mythriftychic.com/

    ReplyDelete

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL